Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wonders After the Rain


We had rain yesterday.  I can't even remember the last time we had rain, and that's the way I like it.  Being a desert girl, I'm happy to have 360 days of sun a year and hardly any rain and yet I still get moody when it does rain.  I know, I know, we need it, but still.  So I decided to take my bad mood and  my camera outside and try to forget about the rain.  It's amazing what you see when you really open your eyes.  This little seed pod hanging from a tree, cupping water, really enchanted me.  I don't think I'll be as unhappy to see rain the next time it comes around.

4 comments:

  1. I really love this picture. I wish it would rain here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let a smile be your umbrella ... but use a baggie for your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice capture. Yes, it is amazing what we see and what happens to us when we see it as we wander this world, especially with a camera in hand. Sometimes we even see things differently when we discover what we captured! ;-> Nice job here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS ... Nice job on your badge too!

    ReplyDelete