Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Behind the Scenes Mouseover


I have been enjoying all the amazing techniques I've been learning in the Behind the Scenes class with Kim Klassen and Xanthe Berkeley. One technique that Kim uses a lot is called a "mouseover" where you can move your mouse over the photo and see the before and afters. To create the image above, I used two of Kim's textures, "Epiphany" and "Sunday", both at soft light. I liked this so much that I ended up printing it at 12x18 and framing it for my studio!  If you want to see the "before", just move your mouse over the  photo. Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it, Terri! And it's a beautiful photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image, Terri! The mouseover is such a fun effect. When I first learned of it, I found myself applying it to all my blog posts. ;->

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mouse over and a very lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab, such a beautiful image that colour just dances of the screen .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Terri...congats! It looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wont mouse-over for me,there is no before.Lovely photo though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT did it! I must have been doing it wrong! I want to have a go at this!
      Lee

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Lee, it probably wasn't you. I was having trouble with it and finally figured out the problem. You may have tried before it was fixed. Yes, definitely try it. Fun!

      Delete
  7. I love both photos! I can see why you framed it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I think the secret is not to mouse-over too quickly.

    xo
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool feature!! I love both before and after images!!

    ReplyDelete