Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Finds Finally


After one of my usual loooong blogging breaks, I just had to share today on Kim Klassen's Friday Finds.  I feel like I hit the jackpot! I have been looking for and creating backgrounds for my still life shots for Kim's Be Still 52 class. I've painted a watercolor background as well as a white tray to use as a backdrop. You can read my post about that over at my collaborative blog Focusing on Life. But I have been searching for some old wood or an old fence and have been unsuccessful so far.

However, in the Be Still Lounge I came across a post about creating a distressed wood background. You can read it here if you're interested. I purchased all the supplies (for a total of less than $40) and spent the morning painting. I won't go into the details of how I created this because I followed the exact instructions on the website, but I do have to say that it was easy, peasy!  One side are these beautiful aqua tones and the other side is a distressed white. You will be seeing a lot of these backgrounds in my photos in the future!

Then yesterday I went to the salvage shop called Sweet Salvage to see if I could find any interesting props. They are only open one weekend a month (Th-Sun) and it's a good thing or I would go broke! Always fun things to find there.  I found this little bowl that so reminded me of Kim that I just had to have it. Little did I know when I bought it that it was going to go so perfectly with my new aqua board background and these apricots that I grabbed at the market yesterday. Kismet, I tell you!


So those are my finds for this week. If you haven't checked out Kim's Friday Finds, do yourself a favor and  head  over there. Lots of fun and inspiration to be found!



16 comments:

  1. This is all so lovely! Good for you!!! I need to follow your example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!! I really must check out the background board instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning.... that background is to die for..... adore...

    enjoy the weekend dear friend... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ! Love the background...must check out the post about it. Love the colors you chose, so light and happy ! Love the bowl too :) Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what breathtaking images, Terri! I adore both images - the photos within a photo and that bowl with the apricot against the aqua tones? talk about swooning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, will have to take a look at the tutorial, a must I just know it, great find. Love it so much as well as your stunning photography with the peach. Thanks so much for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an "oh my gosh" post! I ADORE your new props...love that aqua color. We'll all be addicted now Terri. Gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am lovin' that background...and yes, I hopped over to that blogpost on "how-to" looks like one may be in my future. Those beach shots and the fruit images are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Especially adore the beach image. Love the background too! Your work is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your knew backdrop! It's perfect for the "sea" look! Also, love your new little bowl...how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ve moved as well. Hope you visit. .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im having a hard time leaving a comment. Adore this top photo. Stunning. I have a set of the same bowls. . Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty finds!
    http://lisacomperry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fabulous and creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a fabulous and creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete